Texas is run by conservative Republicans who value federal and state laws. The have taken action to protect those laws and to make sure they are enforced, including federal immigration laws. That’s why the Texas legislature passed a tough anti-sanctuary city bill and Gov. Greg Abbott quickly signed it into law. The new law imposes stiff fines and/or jail time to all public officials who don’t enforce the federal immigration laws. That means that sanctuary cities are illegal and will not be tolerated in the Lone Star State.
Have you ever asked yourself why Democrats are so bent on allowing millions of illegal aliens to enter and remain in the United States?
- Illegal aliens DO take away many jobs that would otherwise go to American citizens.
- Many Illegal aliens work for cash under the table, robbing local, state and federal government of vitally needed taxes.
- Many illegals that work for cash, send a significant portion of their earnings to family members back in their home countries, instead of spending it here in the US.
- Illegals tend to take advantage of as many government programs like welfare, housing, food, utility assistance and more, often draining vital resources needed to take care of Americans.
- Illegals cost taxpayers around $100 billion a year.
- Illegals are clogging many public schools and forcing schools to use money they don’t have to hire educators that speak a number of different languages. Some school districts have over 100 different languages and dialects in their system…
Texas is one of four states that border along Mexico and have seen the what the flood of illegals into the nation has done. They have born some of the brunt of Obama’s open border policies and are now taking steps to rectify the situation. Hopefully, more states will follow the example set by Texas and make sanctuary cities illegal as they should be.