Gun Owners of America (GOA) recently released a letter that listed six of the gun control laws, implemented by Obama, that Trump can undo. Thank God!
- Executive Gun Control (January 5, 2016) —
As many of you know, Obama got busy in his last few days of being President, passing lots of sneaky Executive Orders. This one in particular expanded the background checks, which ultimately forced private sellers to apply for a Federal Firearms License (FFL). This means that all sales must then be run through a government background check, and also added even more regulations to the FFLs, and also opened the door for the Social Security Ban.
- Social Security Gun Ban—This was created in private during 2015, and came to be finalized in December of 2016. This ban affects any SS recipient who depend on this help, by drawing attention to these people and allows them to open an investigation on whether or not they are mentally capable of owning a fun. This will result in any seniors losing their 2nd amendment rights, simply for being elderly.
- “Removing the U.S. from the Anti-Gun UN Arms Trade Treaty”–fJohn Kerry signed the UN Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) on September 25, 2013 and was actually warned by the NRA on how this would threaten individual gun ownership. The NRA stated: “This treaty threatens individual firearm ownership with an invasive registration scheme [and is full of regulations and requirements that are] blatant attacks on the constitutional rights of every law-abiding American.” However, Kerry didn’t listen and signed anyway.
- “Repealing bullet and gun import bans going from Obama back to George H. W. Bush’s semi-auto import ban”– Breitbart explained this as: “The ban in view was an exercise of executive action taken by George H.W. Bush in 1989 and redoubled by Obama during his presidency. Bush used the ban to stop the import of certain “assault weapons,” while simultaneously admitting that any shortfall in said weapons via imports would be compensated by domestic production. In other words, it was gun control for the sake of gun control and succeeded only in making the acquisition of said weapons more burdensome. On July 8, 1989, The New York Times reported, “Today’s decision is a significant step in the evolution of the Administration’s gun control policies. It puts President Bush clearly at odds with the National Rifle Association and will almost certainly increase pressures on him to approve restrictions or an outright ban on domestic versions of semiautomatic assault weapons.” Trump can undo an remaining vestiges of such bans via the swipe of his pen.”
- “Repealing the suspension of health privacy laws with respect to gun owners”– After the attack at Sandy Hook Elementary, acted out by a man with stolen guns, Obama suddenly signed 23 executive orders. The 16th one states, “Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.” Therefore collecting information on people with Obamacare who also own firearms. This is an invasion of privacy.
- “Restoring gun rights for 257,000 law-abiding veterans”–Democratic members of the Senate worked to suspend the 2nd amendment rights of a quarter million military veterans. This played hand in hand with the Social Security ban, since many of the veterans rely on those funds. Which they rightly earned after risking their lives for our country. Because of this, they were automatically placed on a “mental health” risk list, and had their 2nd Amendment rights revoked.
Donald Trump has already proven to be a man of his word, so lets hope he continues to hand back the rights that Obama tried to rip away from us.