Please disable your Ad Blocker to better interact with this website.

Order KEEP AND BEAR: THE MOVIE now for FREE shipping and a FREE bumper sticker!

Adrianne Ledesema, a 17-year-old girl living in Linkoln Park, Michigan was arrested after calling 911 to help her father, for saying a curse word.

Ledesema returned home to find her father having a seizure on the floor, shortly after having brain surgery. She then called 911 in a panic. However, instead of getting the help she needed, she was arrested.

While the teen was frantically trying to get ahold of help, her first call went unanswered, so she hung up and tried calling again. During the time of waiting for someone to answer her second call, she muttered a curse word, not aware that it was being recorded, even before the operator answered.

On a recording of the call, Ledesma was heard shouting the expletive just as the operator, Sgt. Robert McFarland, answers. He proceeds to admonish the girl for cursing and in response she shouts, quote, “send me a (expletive) ambulance.” He then calls her a curse word and hangs up on her.

She then called a third time and threatened to sue the officer, while asking for his name. He called her a “buffoon,” hung up on her again and never asked about her emergency.

In the 7 Action News, Adrianne said that she was worried her father was going to die, but she wasn’t given the opportunity to explain that on the call because the officer hung up the phone after she said a swear word.

After 6 minutes, McFarland had finally called the Fire Desk telling them with a quote:

“I kept getting a 911 call from a filthy-mouthed girl who wanted a rescue. I never found out what it was and I was never able to transfer it over to you.”

When Ledesma goes to the police station in person, the same operator, Sgt. Robert McFarland, said to her, “Are you the girl with the foul mouth?”, and then has proceeded to arrest Adrianne on the spot for disorderly conduct and abusing 911.

The girl’s father eventually got help, and the officer refused to comment on the incident when confronted by 7 Action News. He was suspended for two weeks without pay following the incident and was sent for additional training classes.



Become an Insider!

Enter your email address below to stay in the loop and read our latest and greatest updates!

Send this to a friend